We will start by using Wigle API to download the data:
To know about Wigle basic usage check OSINTCurious blog post : https://osintcurio.us/2019/01/15/tracking-all-the-wifi-things/amp/
1) Go to https://wigle.net/account and log to your account:
show my tokens
Authorize button on the right
5) Copy the API Name and API Token from first tab into the username and password inputs (respectively) in the Basic Authentication dialog then click
6) Scroll down until you find
Network search and information tools and click it
/api/v2/network/search then Click
Try it out button:
8) Fill the search details: You can use https://wigle.net/mapsearch to find search and get specific address longitude and Latitude
9) Click Execute
The result per request is limited: Defaults to 25 for COMMAPI, 100 for site. Bounded at 1000 for COMMAPI, 100 for site. You can use
searchAfterparameter to download multiple result pages.
10) Click Download
Now You have the result in JSON format file and we need to convert it to KML/KMZ to use it in Google earth.
KML is an acronym for
Keyhole Markup Language developed by Google and Keyhole, Inc. KMZ is the zipped version of a KML file.
Both KML and KMZ are file extensions used in Google applications, specifically Google Earth and Google Maps.
The line below shows a minimal KML file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2"> <Document> <Placemark> <name>New York City</name> <description>New York City</description> <Point> <coordinates>-74.006393,40.714172,0</coordinates> </Point> </Placemark> </Document> </kml>
To convert JSON to KML, we will convert each parameter as following:
Also we can add shared style to change the default icon for the placemark. I usually use https://www.iconfinder.com/ for icons as it's easy to just copy icon URL .
Example of shared style code:
<Style id="SharedStyle"> <IconStyle> <Icon> <href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/shapes/shaded_dot.png</href> </Icon> </IconStyle> </Style>
1) Convert JSON to CSV using this tool: http://convertcsv.com/json-to-csv.htm
2) Copy or download the result (CSV) to use it in the next tool.
3) Convert CSV to KMl using this tool: http://convertcsv.com/csv-to-kml.htm . Enter fields number as following:
Using python module simplekml .
I wrote a script to convert Wigle JSON to KML : https://github.com/salaheldinaz/wiglejson2kml